Saturday, March 3, 2007

Digerati, I never will be.

I've never really considered myself computer illiterate. After all I sit in front of one all day long. I use a computer to pay all of my bills online, to do all of my banking online, etc. However I'm realizing that I'm not computer illiterate, I'm just Google and Blogger illiterate.

Tonight, in an attempt to begin changing over all of my online accounts to my new Gmail address (since I will no longer have a ciy e-mail address after April), I deleted our blog. That's right. I deleted our blog. jonandsara.blogspot.com no longer exists.

How in the world could this happen? I have no excuses except that I obviously didn't understand the ramifications of using my Google Account to log into Blogger. I have nothing but a sick feeling in my stomach.

Oh well, I guess now is a good time to start fresh. And now that Jon is working at CIY, this will give him and opportunity to start his own blog. So I am in mourning and have no motivation or intention to recreate what once was. Tomorrow I'll wake up and look forward to a clean slate, which can be quite overhwhelming to a girl who likes structure to her life. We'll see how it goes.

Goodbye "geekandgirl." Hello "I love flowers."

5 comments:

Robin Sigars said...

Sara, you don't have to be a digerati to be cool. In my book you are the greatest no matter if you ever blogged again.

Angel said...

Oh Sara!!!
you sound so downcast. i will be praying for you and your transition.
would you email me your new email address and maybe your phone number. i would love to communicate with you more frequently as you are at home.
Also, just wondering what you guys are doing the weekend of the 30th of march. noel and lorna thought of meeting us in springfield, since we will be there anyways for a concert. they are heading to tennessee to see grandma and grandpa leach. wondered if you would be around for a meal with all 6 of us? let me know.
Love you and will be praying

Ann Winans said...

sara,
it was so cool getting your comment on my NEW blog! I read your "new" blog and was floored to hear you are an at home mom! how did that piece of information slip by me that you guys had a baby?!! soo happy for you and we so need to catch up on life! i think i was the last one who was to write. i'm sooo bad! here's to blogging baby! :)

Ann Winans said...

sara,
ok, i just made a HUGE blunder... is stay at home wife the same as stay at home mom?? i'm thinking not... and i feel really stupid now! thankfully YOU know me and can laugh at me! ann

Sara said...

hee hee, Ann!! I totally got a kick out of a stay at home mom! Many people have questioned us about that, not only verbally, but with eyebrow movements too!!
I look forward to catching up with you more!