Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Wow.

I feel like life has been flying by too quickly.

I have 3 days left of full-time employment at CIY. We've just finished the 5 busiest weeks ever. I'm not even sure life has existed outside of a CIY van or venue. It's been awesome, but everyone in our Conference department is exhausted...and summer is almost here!!

This past weekend was the last Jr High Believe of the tour, and my last CIY event. As Johnny said, it was too busy to be emotional. Thank you, Lord. I was surrounded by some of my most favorite people who have become my closest friends.

It was all very bittersweet, as Jon & I are letting go of a huge part of who we've become. Everyone has been so kind to me, encouraging me and loving on me. I can't say how incredibly thankful I am that God has allowed us to stay at CIY. Our hearts are here. And I'm so excited for Jon's opportunities. Today, more than ever, I feel God's hand heavy on CIY. Sometimes He prunes and sometimes He allows fruit to flourish. In both cases He is at work, and I'm overwhelmed.

We've been so busy that I've hardly had to time to think about how much our lives are changing. I'm trying to get through all of my self-created to-do lists at work before Monday, while trying to not be overwhelmed by a huge to-do list I've started at home.

I'm excited about what my future holds. I'm praying hard that God will help me find my place in a real world that I've never really known here. I want to rest. But I don't want to get so comfortable and used to being at home that I miss out on actualizing the passions that God is developing in me.

What I do know is that my yard needs a lot of work. The grass is already too tall and it's been raining for 2 days! At least I know I won't be bored!!!

No comments: