Friday, February 4, 2011

Accountability Baking!

If we’re friends on facebook, or if you look back at my most recent blog posts, you know that I love food! I’m not overly creative with my food. I mostly like good ol’e home cooking from scratch, which always includes a good baked good or two! Not sure why I have this obsession, but I decided to just embrace it and share it.

One way I’m going to embrace my obsession with baked goods is through what I like to call accountability baking!

I have a friend named Amber.


Things that make our friendship special:
• Jr High Believe and a bird named Presley made us friends.
• My boss now, used to be her boss.
• She’s a huge Webb City Cardinals fan! You can tell by the sticker in the back window of her car.
• She lives in the same town as my in-laws.
• She can convince me to do things I wouldn’t normally do, but don’t tell her that.
• She makes me laugh out loud on a regular basis.
• She shares her mom’s chex mix with me!
• We love animals.
• We have lots of inside jokes.
• We have impromptu lunch appointments, at least every other week.
• We love details, systems and rules.
• We love to be creative with our gift giving.
• We love themed texting wars.
• We love to bake and share!

Thing that makes our friendship difficult:
• We live 9 hours away from each other!

One night during one of our many texting conversations, while I was watching Cupcake Wars, Fabulous Cakes, Cake Boss: Next Great Baker, etc., she asked me if I had ever tried making any of the recipes I saw for cupcakes on tv.

I told her I wasn’t brave enough to try some of their crazy recipes and that I needed a good reason to bake a lot of cupcakes, otherwise Jon & I would eat them all by ourselves. So I asked her if she wanted to come over to help me bake & eat. That answer is always yes. However as I mentioned, she lives 9 hours away. We both got sad for a moment. Then Amber in her brilliance suggested a plan for us to bake “together” anyway.

She calls it “Sara n Amber’s Cupcake A Month Long Distance Baking Project” or “Greatest Idea Eva”

Because we are a “couple of willy nilly-less girls” (her phrasing) here are our guidelines:
• Bake a different kind of cupcake each month for an entire year, me from MO and her from KY.
• Both bake the same recipes. One month I choose, the next month she chooses.
• All recipes are from scratch; variations are allowed.
• Creativity is highly encouraged.
• We must name our cupcakes as if we were selling them!
• Have fun and bake lots of cupcakes!!!

I can hardly wait! 12 yummy recipes and pictures to come!

No comments: