Monday, September 26, 2011

Long Distance Baking Project #8!

So this month, we decided to fly solo. We had some special birthday parties that required a little extra effort, so Amber & I let ourselves off the hook!

Here's Amber's extra special niece, Madison!! She turned 2!!












Here's what Amber did for her!!!









The ice cream cones were strawberry cake. The awesome little "smash" cake was funfetti. The purple cupcakes were chocolate cake; green cupcakes were white cake & yellow cupcakes were funfetti!

She went all out for Madison...and made a giant mess in her kitchen!! But it was totes worth it!


BEST AUNT EVER!!!


This month was also my Jon's birthday!! We decided to throw him an "apple" party!



Everyone brought his favorite twin tip sharpies! It will be a long time before he has to buy one again!









Here's what we wore!











Here's what I made!










These were super fun! I just made chocolate cake with white icing. I thought I'd try fondant for the apples, then realized that it would be a huge risk for my first attempt! So I found a sugar sheet by Wilton at Walmart. I made an apple logo template out of cardboard and used my exacto knife to cut them out. The apples turned our mouths black temporarily, but actually tasted okay!

This was a lot of fun for both of us!

No comments: