Friday, February 29, 2008

My words, or lack there of

I find it very intimidating to blog after reading all of my other friends' quippy and clever thoughts on their Facebooks and blogs.

Do I have anything to say? I like it better when I'm just a wallflower. I can sit back and listen, comment and laugh at appropriate times and walk away with a happy heart.

I do have things to say. I'm just not sure if anybody else cares about the things I have to say. It makes me nervous to have the center stage in a conversation. When I'm talking, I usually walk away, not with a happy heart, but with wondering questions..."did I talk too much?" "did I waste people's time?" "is what I said really important or was I just bumping my gums to hear myself talk?"

It's just easier sometimes to be quiet. This isn't a pitty party by any means. Just an ongoing thought I've had most of my adult life.

The Matthew 12:34 says "For out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks."

What do my words, many or few, say about my heart?

6 comments:

Angel said...

You are such an amazing woman!! I can totally agree and understand your question. I think in a lot of ways, just standing to the side requires nothing of me. I can walk away knowing I risked nothing, and yet, I don't know. When I do talk, it is the most vulnerable a person can be because you are bearing your heart to others, risking that they will accept you for where you are. Thanks for the verse to remind us of our words. for those of us who talk too much and for those of us who don't.
love you girl!!

TSHarrison said...

Sara
I complete feel the same way most days of my life. Good post.
However when you speak (and Jon as well) I know to shut up and listen.
I hope you two are doing well. It's been a while.

Sarah said...

As far as I can remember, no matter how much you said to me, what you DID say was always encouraging and kind. People with big mouths (ahem, me) don't always think before they speak, and no one really has to worry about that with you. Whatever you are saying has been thought about and comes from the heart! :)

The Mollet Family said...

Sara, came across your blog via Shannon Wentz blog. Just read some of your updates. When we would go to CIY we would always check to see if you were there, but we don't get to go anymore--since Joe is preaching now and we have two kids that don't really like to sit still for any of that kind of stuff. Our blog is themolletfam.blogspot.com if you ever want to check it out.

Rebecca said...

Sara -
I love everything that you have to say.

Jaans said...

My friend, I cant wait to see your easter family pictures!!!! Please send my love to all the Hills & Carters & Oronogo Family!